Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 430

Thread: MoN Discussion

  1. #341
    Inactive Member Shiinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    776
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How about DR's Monsta Monkey Madness?

    [quoted from Cav] yum, I like monkeys..... err.... I mean, I like madness. Yeah, thats it. Madness..... <_< >_>

    //contents may have been edited due to conversion into a txt file. Shiinigami is not to be held responsible in case of altercation of the content of this post, for it is the monkeys doing of changing people's posts.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 06, 2003 11:24 PM: Message edited by: Shiinigami ]</font>

  2. #342
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    lol

  3. #343
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    lol....

    DRs back, so now the RPG can get underway! XD

  4. #344
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hopefully [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  5. #345
    Inactive Member Dragonrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    917
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When I get back from school I'm going to post a big-fat post (containing some vital info on how things are gonna work)... and then once we get the title down we can play! (I already have like 100 monsters created and like 300 items.... yeah, long plane/bus trips).

    So the planned date so far for the RPG to begin is about.. say 2 days from now?

    I dont like Malagria either (as some people said before). I just NEEDED a word, so I made one.

    The Spirit of _____. is good though..

    Hmm..

  6. #346
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    cool!

    We do need names... &gt;&lt;

  7. #347
    Inactive Member Psyco Sephiroth's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    339
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The spirit of the monkey king?

  8. #348
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Maybe we should skip "The". It'll just make the name pointlessly longer. So we could have:
    - "Spirit of Gholizadeh"
    - "Spirit of Ailes"
    - "Spirit of Grises"

  9. #349
    Inactive Member Dragonrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    917
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    THE BIG FAT POST!
    (please read if in the RPG, some important info, please speak any objections to any of this, but I think its the best way to work it... all of this was written on plane trips and bus trips)

    IMPORTANT NOTE: Please make your status visible, that way I can know if you're on or not (so to include you in battles and such).

    1. Battles
    -Normal Battles shall take place when the GM
    is in, usually in the (U.S. time) afternoon
    and later night. These battles will last
    just one "session" the battles won't extend
    and will include the people online at the
    time.
    -Boss Battles/Important Battles shall take
    place also when the GM is in, __however__,
    they can last more than one "session" so if
    I leave (lets say the battle starts at 10:30
    PM, and then at 10:30 I must leave), then
    people on in the morning may post what they
    wish to do (as far as attacks, etc.), and
    then when the GM comes in, I shall implement
    them. Boss Battles may extend for even 2 or 3
    or even 4 days. This can include people who
    cannot be on at the same time as most people.
    Most boss battles will begin later at night,
    probably at 9:30 Central, which is 10:30 for
    most of yall, at this time most people are
    on than any other time.
    -Messengers. I think that battles will go much
    faster with messengers and then I shall post
    the whole result on the board. Your screen
    name doesnt matter because I can use the find
    and replace tool in Word :-). There is a chat
    client at hostboard, I may check it out.
    I know a lot of you don't have messengers,
    but AIM, Yahoo! and MSN are free and are very
    useful; I'm sure we can agree on one. (MSN?)

    2. Experience
    -Experience is awarded after every win. If
    you participated in the battle, you will
    gain EXP.
    -When more people come into a battle, the
    total possible EXP increases. However, it
    only increases 50%, due to the fact that a
    battle is easier when more people are
    present. In boss battle the same amount of
    EXP is awarded (due to different sessions).
    -If you are of higher level, you gain a
    higher percentage of the battle's EXP
    (you need it more, and did more in battle).
    -If you fight a much stronger monster than
    you, the total EXP increases a lot, and
    vice versa. All monsters have a level. I
    Have everything all scaled out and in
    percentages already.
    -On death you lose 30% of the experience
    OF YOUR LEVEL. For instance, if you are
    level 2, the EXP range is 1000 to 3000.
    (below 1000 is level 1, and above 3000 is
    level 3). If you have 2000 EXP, and die, you
    lose 300 EXP (30% of 1000, which is the
    amount of exp in the level 2 range).
    -If you get enough EXP you level up.
    3. Levelling Up
    -There (I think) should be no mana eggs. All
    of your magic is stored inside of YOU. I
    think it is a lot more simple and also more
    reasonable.
    -The following is the level up sheet.

    LEVEL UP SHEET (when you level up I shall post this filled in)

    CHARACTER NAME

    LEVELED FROM (#)-(#)

    HP UP (#)
    MP UP (#)
    SP UP (#)

    STR UP (#)
    DEX UP (#)
    MO UP (#)
    DEF UP (#)
    EVD UP (#)
    MR UP (#)

    New Specials Options. You may only pick (#) (this may not appear if at this level you aquire no new specials)
    -------------------------------

    New Magics Options You may only pick (#)
    (this may not appear if at this level you aquire no new magics)
    -------------------------------

    New Feats Options You may only pick (#)
    (this may not appear if at this level you aquire no new feats)
    -------------------------------

    New Proficiencies Options You may only pick (#)
    (this may not appear if at this level you aquire no new proficiencies)
    -------------------------------

    New Skills Options You may only pick (#)
    (this may not appear if at this level you aquire no new skills)
    -------------------------------
    END OF SHEET.


    4. Feats/Skills/Proficiencies/Magics/Specials
    -As you can obviously see there are these
    things... what are they?
    -Feats. These are automatic. They stay on
    forever and help your character. An example
    of one of the feats is Good Aim. This adds
    (permanently and automatically) 1 to all
    of your dexterity rolls (so you hit more).
    -Skills. These aren't automatic. Most aren't
    used in battle, and are extra for fun. For
    instance alchemy (make potions), Smithing,
    etc. Some are used in battle, such as
    analyze (to see enemy's stats and stuff).
    -Proficiencies and Specializations.
    These things make you more effective with
    certain items. We've discussed them. There
    are some micellaneous ones too. (such as
    herb proficiencies and thief proficiences)
    -Magics. Pretty much magic. These have a set
    damage with an element... increased with MO.
    -Specials. Special attacks. Use SP... self-
    explanatory. Many specials will be granted
    by me. A lot of them will be the ones you
    made up earlier though.

    5.IMPORTANT NOTES
    -Read EVERYTHING on the page. Yeah, gotcha
    cheating. Read it in two days if you wish.

    6. The PLOT
    In a place called ______ (???), inhabited mostly by immortal elves, it was the age of flourishment and technology. Diesese was nothing but a legend, and famine was a myth. No one knew there was ever such a thing as a sword or a shield. They knew what guns and lasers and rifles were of course. They had been used to fight. But not anymore. Everything was perfect. But soon time passed even more. Things became a bit too perfect. Everyone began to forget about hardships. This was the time to strike for a corrupted group. They had waited hundreds of years just for the right moment. They knew that every planet, every star one day had a huge disaster. This disaster was going to soon come. They were going to be this disaster. They didnt act at first though, they didn't destroy all life around.. Why? They wanted to conquest all of ______ (???) that's why. But how original. Conquest, right? Maybe not. This group was the only few people that saw the potential of the perfect land. Nothing was EVER wrong. Maybe they were even just plain bored. But this turned into hate. They decided to strike. They pulled out weapons of "old"; gernades, tanks, lightsabers... they began to slay constantly. But then something happened... that the group didn't plan. The Great Disaster occurred. They thought THEY were going to cause the planet to be in turmoil. They knew they were going to die if they did not hide... so they locked themselves up with some of the technology left and all of their army, and sealed themselves to sleep for thousands of years... thousands of years until they were totally forgotten. Then they would come back. They would come back and conquest what was theirs. They knew that it would take more than a couple of thousand years to regain ANY technology. And the thing is, they were right. Another thing happened to them that they did not know however. A few wise elves and people left, whether by accident or purposely, sealed themselves as well. To awaken when the corrupted elves did.

    Thousands of years later, a tale that was not supposed to be forgotten was. After the Great Disaster, all technology and life was flattened into nothing. No more than one-thousand humanoid people lived after the Disaster, but soon they began to multiply again. So millenia later, anyone who had ever heard the story of the Great Disaster and the Times of Beauty "knew" it was nothing but a fairy tale. Ha! Metal things that shot rocks like fire, and mountains that moved on command...

    This was the time to awaken for the elves, of course. They calculated that at about this time there would be very little technology (maybe some daggers, a few cities with about one million people, a medicine for paralisis, some mages with magic fireballs, maybe a skilled swordsman or two, nothing too hard to handle, right?), but they had the planet. A planet to be taken. They had waited for years, and they awoke, and to their calculations, they were right. But there was one mis-calculation. The intelligence of ______ians (??) had gone for good, but the spirit had not left. And it never would. A handful of brave heroes rose to meet the monstrous beings that had awoken... and had also risen to meet the friends from the Ages of Old that had come as well.

    -NOTES ON PLOT

    --I know that a big thing in LFB was that the plot could be formed as to will. However, I think this should be more controlled. For instance, I don't think this should happen:

    Guy: We need training.
    Other Guy: Hey loook! A time machine! Lets go back in the past and kill Napoleon!
    Guy: Maybe we can kill all of hitler's army too!
    Other Guy: OK let's go!

    I mean please, be reasonable and follow the plot. :-P

    SOME GUIDLINES (some obvious, others not, please follow these)

    -Stay away from timetravel and spacetravel.
    -Try not to affect other character's personalities in your dialogues and stuff.. build your own character's personality instead.
    -Restrain from talking too much about the Dark Elves and the Olden Days (even you N). I want to keep it mysterious for now.
    -Restrain from talking too much about the Great Disaster. No one really knows what happened, but everyone was wiped out. Most people don't believe in it.
    -Don't make any huge twists to the plot that change the plot entirely. (you can send me a PM if you wish to do it, and then if it works, we may put it in later)
    -Don't end dungeons and areas and such, unless you created that area. For instance let's say someone says "Hey, looks like we'll have to cross these woods..." and then you fight some in there, someone ELSE shouldnt be like "finally we're out" unless you've talked to them, because what if they planned on doing something special in those woods? Same thing with if I make an area. I already have most of the main early plot sketched out.
    -Just use your reason. :-) This is like a normal console RPG where I form the plot, but yall can affect it a HELL OF A LOT... just not in big strokes, but more in a lot of small ones. Get it?
    -If I want to come up with a twist that may affect your character, I'll PM you. If you have a twist, PM me and we'll arrange it.

    7. Conversations with NPCs- These can be done with me on messenger. Then I'll post them up.

    8. Monsters- I have a ton of them done and ready.

    9. Items- Same as the monsters, all set.

    10. Magics/feats/specials/skills same as monsters and items.

    11. Thank you for reading this huge ass post. Now come up with a title!

  10. #350
    Inactive Member Dragonrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    917
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All of this can be objected with, just post here or send a PM.


    NOTE TO N: Your background (about the elves how you're with them and your brother and such) seems to be talking about AFTER the great disaster.. I before though it was about BEFORE the great disaster. I would think it much better if it was about BEFORE THE GREAT DISASTER, because I had it envisioned that there were no guardian elves, but more accidental few elves that survived.. please PM or post here... it would take out some mysteriousness if you could just "go consult the group of wise elves that were there when everything happened".. you know?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •